Dimensionally stable precision structures
from high-modulus composite material based on carbon fibers and binder
find application in specialized ground-based benches used for measuring thermal deformation and nuclear research, portal frames of automatic benches, optical telescope and spaceship photographic equipment bodies. They were used in the Transition Radiation Tracker of Large Hadron Collider (ATLAS).
• Maintain shape and dimensions within the range of operating temperatures;
• Length – up to1300 mm;
• Elastic modulus (Е) – no less than 108 GPa ;
• Thermal expansion coefficient - no more then 0,3•10-6K-1 ;
• Thermal twisting – no more than 7 seconds of angle;
• Thermal bending – no more than 10 μm.