from ceramics based on reaction-bonded Si3N4 or self-bonded SiC
for fusible non-ferrous metals (silver, gold, copper, aluminum).
Volume – from 30 to 1000 ml;
• Lack of chemical interaction with aluminum melts (for reaction-bonded Si3N4) at 700 – 1200 °С;
• Highly resistant to Pb (400 °С), Sn (300 °С), Zn (550 °С) melts;
• High corrosion resistance (for reaction-bonded Si3N4) in molten salts NaCl and KCl at temperatures up to 800 °С);
from heat-resistant alumina-mullite ceramics
for melting nickel alloys.
• Resistant to nickel alloy melts at the temperatures of up to 1750°С;
• No less than 10 melting operations;
• Weight of alloy being melted – up to 250 kg.